Setting up a Handshake Name
- 1.Go to Siasky.net
- 2.In the upload widget, select "Do you want to upload a webapp or directory?"
- 3.Drag-and-drop or click-and-select your website directory or build folder that contains an
This is the most difficult part of the process, since it requires obtaining HNS coins. We recommend using namebase.io to interact with the Handshake ecosystem. See their Get Handshake Names to learn more about their auctions and marketplace.
Need help, some free HNS coins or just want someone to gift you an HNS? Join the #handshake channel on our Discord and we'll answer your questions or get you connected with the great folks over at Namebase.
Although this can be done with skynet-js, perhaps the easiest way to set a resolver skylink is using the community tool Rift which will save your data with MySky.
- 2.If you're not logged in to MySky, login in the top right.
- 3.Click the Add DNS Record icon just to the right of "How does this work with Handshake?"
- 4.Type a label for your resolver skylink (your HNS name is a good option) and provide a skylink.
- 5.Click Save.
Give your resolver skylink a name and decide where it will point.
Clicking the resolver skylink (it starts with "AQ") will copy it to the clipboard.
- 2.Select "Manage" on the Handshake name you want to use
- 3.On the "Rift DNS" page, click the "Resolver Skylink" for the name you wish to use. This will copy it to your clipboard.
- 4.Under "Blockchain DNS records," add a new record and set the type to TXT and paste the skylink as the value. Be sure your skylink starts with
- 5.Click "Save" at the bottom, and wait! It could take up to 6 hours.
Now, if you ever want to update where your resolver skylink points, just return to Rift, click the name of your resolver skylink, and update the "Target Skylink" field and save! Your changes should be immediately available at your HNS name.
You can visit the site at
siasky.netwith any other Skynet web portal.